Monday, July 15, 2013

Back on Track

So...it's been a while. I feel like almost every post I make on this blog starts off with something to that effect. I'm so terribly inconsistent with this whole "blog" thing. As much as I love to write, I expend most of my writing efforts on school assignments and things for my church. And I've always felt in the past that I was lacking in biblical literacy to such a degree that each one of my posts would have to be researched thoroughly. Now I think I've reached a point in my life where I realized that this was more about pride than anything else. I was afraid of being wrong, especially in such a public forum. However, a couple of years of seminary, practical ministry experience, and a whole heck of a lot of grace and work of God in my own heart, I now think it's time for me to get back on track with this blog. When I started this blog, it was because I thought I had something to offer the world. I thought that my thoughts should be made public because they were pretty clever thoughts, and thus should be read. But now I know that my thoughts are terrifically irrelevant. The words I write are only significant insofar as they are not my words, but as I am communicating God's Word to you. So now I want to try to keep up this blog not so I can show off how skilled a writer I am, but because I sincerely find that I am able to organize my own thoughts better when I write them down. I want to use this as an outlet to get my own thoughts out of my own head, so that I can see how they look out there in the big ol' world. My hope and prayer is that God would use this blog for my own personal growth and sanctification, and hopefully for yours as well. I hope for us to grow together in the grace and the knowledge of Jesus Christ our Lord.

So, are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment